BigStuf is a ministry full of gifted people who love to share their skills, talents and faith to make a difference in the lives of students. Our desire is to create environments that enhance the opportunities to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We have been blessed with the opportunity to do summer camps for middle and high school students for 30 years, and we are more committed then ever before to creating the best camp experience for your students to experience Christ. We are so grateful to all the churches that have trusted us with their students over the years. We value the opportunity to lead them and don’t take lightly the responsibility we have to point them towards God. We come to work each day not to do a job; we come to fulfill a calling to lead students into life changing relationships with Jesus Christ.
. . . to inspire students to live life with Jesus.
. . . to create experiences that will make a difference in the lives of students.
1. Big God (Eph 3:20-21)- God is not small and boring. When He shows up big things happen–every time. We want to do all we can with what we have to inspire students to see and believe in a big God.
2. Big Environments (Psalm 16:11)- Where God is, it’s awesome, exciting and fun. We want our environments and programs to reflect that. From the spaces we gather in and the games we play to the music we sing and the talks we deliver, we want to do all we can with what we have to create big environments that put who God is on display.
3. Big Connection (Hebrews 10:24)- When Jesus got down to doing His best and most effective disciple making ministry, He created a small group. He got in a circle with 12 guys and he taught, encouraged, equipped and sent them out to to do the same for others. This is the model we use for our small groups. We want to do what we can with what we have to create a big connection for students in their small groups.
4. Big Task (Mark 2:17; Matt 5:14-15)- God is on a mission. He’s telling a big story, and, in His story, a lot is at stake. We want to be a family who does all we can with what we have to get students serving on the front lines of God’s big mission in the world.
5. Big Need (1 Cor 12:27)- There is need all around us, and God’s answer to that need is us. We are the body of Christ. We want to do all we can with what we have to effectively mobilize students to join God in meeting the needs of this world.
6. Big Truth (Heb 4:12; Matt 7:24)- The word of God is alive and active. It’s a rock on which students can build their lives. It holds the answers for so much of what they need. We want to be a family who does all we can with what we have to present God’s word in a way that is relevant, interesting and memorable.
What We Believe
We believe that the God of the Bible is clear to anyone who will listen. He loves each one of us with an everlasting love–a love so amazing that He offers each one of us the free gift of salvation through the death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ. He wants us to be part of His family. He wants to take care of us, bless us, change us and make us like Him. Then, He wants to empower each one of us to be a blessing to others. That belief is the foundation of all we do at BigStuf.
Scripture – We believe the entire Bible is the inspired word of God and that men were moved by the Spirit of God to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error.
God – We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior of the lost world.
Humanity – We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him, but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
Salvation – We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
Christian Life – We believe all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the word of God and daily yielding to His Spirit, every believer should mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.